All-in-one fishing camera systems may be the answer to planning the perfect fishing trip. Over the years, technology has advanced to improve the fishing experience. In the past fishermen were obligated to buy different systems to meet multiple needs. These systems often took up too much space, had complicated networks, and fishermen often missed opportunities to record their catch due to faltering camera systems. Today’s fishing enthusiasts are looking for units that allow them to manage and plan their trips with ease.
The reward of the catch is in the planning. Many fish anglers and fishing enthusiasts know planning the perfect fishing trip takes time and the right technology. There are many factors to consider when planning a fishing trip, and the top three factors are weather conditions, water temperature, and time of year.
Professional anglers and weekend enthusiasts rely heavily on mapping technologies to get from point A to point B. The newest fishing maps will allow fishermen to understand spatial trends, fishing hotspots, current food source locations, and ocean conditions. Real-time data will enable fishermen to check water conditions, food source movement, and bathymetric structures to align fishing trips to the perfect conditions.
Why Do Fishermen Want A Camera System In The First Place?
Let’s face it, bragging rights! But the camera system must be very reliable to do that. Record your adventure, trip, or vacation with a video recording system that will let you quickly edit footage right from your phone, minimizing the risk of missing any key event.
On-vessel video recordings and CCTV systems also allow for a safer trip, especially continuous recording systems. Without missing a beat, share your prized catches; an excellent tool for tournament regulation fishing. In sports fishing, certain camera equipment is required to monitor activity inside the vessel and outside, ensuring safety by monitoring engine rooms and capturing live footage at events to share online, on social media, or with friends and family. All fishing enthusiasts can use these new mapping systems to access navigation information, weather tracking, and chlorophyll tracking, giving you the ability to have the safest and most successful adventure possible.
What Should You Look For In A Camera System
Whether you are a sports fisherman who regularly enters tournaments, a weekend fisherman looking to have some fun, or just looking to equip your vessel with the latest technology, it’s essential to know what to look for when purchasing a camera system.
6 Things To Consider When Purchasing A Camera System For Your Boat:
- Can you manage footage on and off the vessel?
- Can I get a high-definition camera quality?
- Can I record with multiple cameras at once?
- Will my cameras last in the marine environment?
- Will my camera system act as a security system and provide monitoring?
- Can my camera system record continuously and store my entire trip?
- Is the system compact enough to run on my small vessel / or does it have the capacity to run on my large vessel?
- Does the camera system include other add-ons?
The Ultimate Camera System
Seatronx offers the ultimate fishing camera system with a mapping center and security all in one, small and compact enough, yet fully powered to meet your boat’s needs, no matter the size. Seatronx’s original system, the Surfvision HD, offers a high-definition marine-grade bullet camera that allows users to monitor their decks remotely.
Our new system, the Surfvision HD+, allows you to take fishing to a whole new level.
What does the Surfvision HD+ include?
- Built-in Geo-fencing security
- Plug & play capability
- Full-time recording with 2TB of storage
- Sat2Nav Quicklink to retrieve the latest updated fish mapping, weather, and conditions details
- world-renowned Surfvision app to easily view, manage, email, or text your favorite footage instantly
- Compact marine-grade software system
- 12 or 24 VDC powered, ideal for any size vessel
With our new three systems in one, you’ll no longer need multiple technologies to help you keep your eye on the prize.
What Systems Does This New Fishing Tool Feature?
- The Camera System: The SURFVISON HD+ system powered by Seatronx is a compact marine grade video system that allows up to 4 cameras to record all your catches and cruising activity continuously. Never lose your video again due to uncharged camera batteries, clumsy photography, or complicated user operation. The Surfvision HD+ will continuously record High Definition and seamlessly mark all your catches and events. The FREE Surfvision AP with EASY COMMAND features allows you to instantly grab video and pictures from your Android or Apple devices to forward to your friends and colleagues. Includes GPS overlay option on pictures to mark catches and releases where location evidence is desired. Approved for all tournament recordings. Two cameras are included in this system:
This stainless steel 1080p camera is water-resistant, has a three-year warranty, includes password protection security, operates in conditions of -20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F), and more. Image Sensor 1/2.9” (effective) progressive scan RGB CMOS, lens fixed iris 2.8 mm, F2.0 horizontal field of view: 111° and vertical field of view: 61° with a min illumination color 0.22 lux, video streaming includes multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264. The camera is powered over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af/802.3at Type 1 Class 2 max 4.0 W, typical 2.5 W.
This stainless steel dome camera has a resolution of 720 or 1080p, has a water-resistant casing with a marine-grade IP66 adjustable frame rate, can withstand temperatures of minus 35 ˚C to 65 ˚C and more. Image Sensor 1/4” CMOS, sensor lens fixed 3.6mm / F2.0 – horizontal field of view: 80 ̊, and Includes 12 x Infra-Red LED’s 850nm – 10-meter range, video streaming includes multiple, individually configurable streams in H.264. Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af/802.3 at Type 1 Class 2 max 4.0 W, typical 2.5 W.
- The Mapping System: The Surfvision system is set up with the Hilton Sat2Nav quick link that allows you to plan and manage your fishing trips for optimal success. Select the Sat2Nav Icon from the SURFVION HD+ to access the most current fishing mapping charts for Waypoint management, Weather, Chlorophyll tracking, and much more. The Sat2Nav program provides you with the most up-to-date information available and is customizable to your specific cruising and fishing agenda. The Hilton Sat2Nav gives you an unbeatable edge for target species fishing and safety. Get one month Free with SURFVION HD+. Regular rates are $75 a month or $200 a year. Your Sat2Nav account can be accessed live through a cellular wireless connection or pre-downloaded at home and stored on your SURFVION HD+ system.
- Marine conditions and weather mapping: complete trip planning and management. The waypoint and route management systems allow anglers and fishing enthusiasts to mark and track waypoints and routes to map a useful fishing strategy. Additionally, you no longer have to waste your time and fuel with a weather mapping system. Get the latest information on wind, waves, and water temperature to find the perfect bite zones.
- Chlorophyll and food source tracking: location is vital when you are fishing. Chlorophyll tracking allows you to determine the locations of blue water vs. dirty water. Having the correct data is an integral part of planning successful fishing trips.
- The Security System: The SURFVISION HD+ is equipped with geofencing and will record and notify you if your vessel has moved outside your predetermined range. Monitor remotely with a click of a button from your phone and have complete peace of mind that your vessel and belongings are safe and secure.
- Geofencing Technology: geofencing adds value to your fishing activities by creating a virtual fence. You’ll always know the exact position of your vessel and stay within the defined boundaries you’ve set up.
The Surfvision HD+ can be controlled using the touch screen or adding accessories like trackballs and joysticks.
What hardware specifications for the Surfvision HD+:
- Part Number SURF-HD4. Includes Compact Seatronx High Definition 2 TB recorder, GPS puck, WiFi Access ready
- Processor: i5-8365UE
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- USB: I/O 4x USB 3.2
- Display output: 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Storage drive: Samsung 2 TB 870 QVO 2.5” SSD
- OS drive: 256 GB mSATA
- WIFI: Wifi/BT 4.1
- POE ports: 4 port POE
- OS: Debian 11 Cinnamon
- Power: 12/24 Vdc, 80 W power